CORONA VIRUS UPDATE & ANXIETY - Let's Work Together to Make a Change for the Better!
Tips on Anxiety - Corona Virus
Learn the Facts
- Most at Risk:
For More Information
What Can I Do?
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds, including before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
- Cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and wash your hands immediately.
- Avoid contact with others (stay more than 1.5 metres from people).
- Exercise personal responsibility for social distancing measures. See below tipsheet for more information. https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2020/03/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-health-care-and-residential-care-workers_4.pdf
What is Physical Distancing ?
Keep Perspective & Take Care
- Am I getting ahead of myself, assuming something bad will happen when I really don’t know the outcome?
- Remind yourself that the actual number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in Australia is extremely low.
- Am I overestimating how bad the consequences will be?
- Remember, illness due to coronavirus infection is usually mild and most people recover without needing specialised treatment.
- Am I underestimating my ability to cope?
- Sometimes thinking about how you would cope, even if the worst were to happen, can help you put things into perspective Referrence: APS Anxiety Tip Sheet (see full tipsheet link above)
Stuck inside & Don't Know What to Do?
- It is important that you look after yourself at all times, but especially during this stressful time. Here are some things you can do:
- Blog Ilates -.They have 14 days quarantine work out plan! https://www.blogilates.com/
- Keep in contact with family and friends, via Skype, Zoom, texting etc.
- Engage in activities that help you feel a sense of calm.
- Practise Yoga and Mediation, there are a number of good Apps including Head Space, Calm, Smiling Mind.
- Check out You Tube for guided mediations and additional exercises/yoga.
- Eat well
- Sleep enough
- Avoid use of alchohol, and other drugs as this can impact your immune system (WHO, 2020)
- Humour - Laugh! Watch some funny videos or movies! Laughing is a natural way to assist in improving mood and reduce stress.