Fees and Rebates - As of 1st January 2017
Please see below a list of our updated fees for 2017. These fees are effective as of 1st January 2017.
Our ongoing appointment fees at Brilliant Minds Psychology are lower than the recommended fee schedule by the Australian Psychological Society. The recommended fees by the Australian Psychological society for a Psychologist are $238 for 46 to 60 minutes.
Our New Fee Schedule for 2017 is below.
Note: We are a private clinic and are unable to provide Bulk Billing Services.
Brilliant Minds Psychology Fee Schedule
A standard psychology appointment is based on 50 minutes per session (a psychology hour). The fees charged depend on the length of your session).
*Our Saturday & afterhour fees are $20 more than the standard ongoing fee.
Clinical Psychologist Fees
- First Session Fees (weekdays) $240 (50-60 minutes)
- First Session Saturday $260 (50-60 minutes)
- Ongoing Fees weekdays $220 per 50 minutes.
- Saturday & After hour fees $240 (50 minutes)
- Medicare Rebate $124.50
- First Session with Fahscia $260
- Fahscia funding $230 (ongoing week day between 9-5)
- Fahscia Funding $250 Saturday and after hour fees (after 5pm)
- First Session Fees Weekday $200 (60 minutes)
- First Session - Saturday $220 (60 minutes)
- Ongoing session Fees $180 (50 minutes)
- Ongoing After Hrs & Sat. $200 (50 minutes)
- First Session with Fahscia $260 Cate and Denise
- Fahscia funding with Cate or Denise $200 weekdays
- Fahscia funding with Cate or Denise $220 Saturday.
- 1 hour initial cognitive interview to gather background information ($240)
- 2 hours testing with WISC-IV ($440) (Child Sessions)
- Scoring, interpretation, report preparation and recommendations ($440)
- Feedback session optional (extra fee)
Includes: (based on $220 per hour of testing time)
- Initial Intake - Based on First appointment fees
- Intellectual cognitive/IQ assessment (see above information)
- 2 hours further testing based on $220 per hour
- Additional Scoring, interpretation & report preparation, recommendations (2 hour report based on $220 per hour)
- Feedback - 1 hour session is an optional extra but recommendd ($220)
Diagnostic Assessment for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Diagnostic Assessment for Autism Spectrum Condition (including Asperger syndrome) - This includes the parent being interviewed, using gold standard measures, development history of child, family background and interviews and observations of the child/teen. Collateral information is also requested included information from teachers, other professionals and other caregivers (up to 1 hour allocated here). Approximately 4 sessions are required however it can take longer depending on the complexity of the individual. If further ASD assessment sessions are required, the normal psychology ongoing fee is charged. Saturday appointments are $20 extra. A cognitive assessment is also recommended.
- Full Diagnostic Assessment Report - includes a comprehensive report and extensive recommendations for your child's/teens intervention. A report is often required if the diagnosis needs to be verified by a paediatrician or child psychiatrist for early intervention funding or to eligible for support at school. Cost of report is $450 for ASD Only
- ADOS-2 Assessment FEES
- Initial intake per clinical fees based on 1st appointment
- ADOS assessment session & scoring ($440) (Saturday fee is $460)
- Brief ADOS report for paedatrician ($250) (Saturday fee is $270)
Referrals A referral is not necessary for an appointment at Brilliant Minds Psychology, however, if you wish to claim a rebate then a referral from your GP, Psychiatrist or Paedeatrician is required. You may also be eligible for a rebate through your private health care provider. For an autism assessment, ask your paediatrician for a Helping Children with Autism Initiative assessment referral (Item Code 135, Psychology MBS Item number 82015). This provides you with a rebate of $84.80 per session.
Referrals & Rebates
You do not require a referral to attend appointments. However, if you have a Mental Health Care Plan from a GP, paediatrician or psychiatrist than you will be eligible for a Medicare rebates. Medicare allows for up to 10 Clinical Psychology sessions per individual, per each calendar year. *To be eligible for the Medicare rebate, you need to have attended your GP, psychiatrist, paediatrician prior to your first session with us and have a Mental Health Care Plan created. You then bring a copy of the plan along to your first session or email it to us and we will be able to process your rebate on the spot following each session.
Medicare Mental Health Care Plans
The Mental Health Care Plan is completed by your GP or specialist doctor and allows you to an initial 6 individual sessions (maximum 10 per calender year) and 10 group sessions of Psychological treatment with Medicare rebates.
After the first 6 sessions are completed, your GP is provided with a brief letter stating your progress in therapy, at this time further sessions if needed are discussed. If more sessions are required you need to attend a review with your GP.
Your GP/specialist then may then decide to offer another 4 sessions of individual psychology therapy. A Medicare rebate is helpful in reducing your out-of-pocket expenses for psychology sessions, however, there is usually stilll a gap fee involved.
Medicare Items - Helping Children with Autism (HCWA) Package (through Medicare)
These referrals are for the assessment, diagnosis and/or treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorders. Medicare pays a rebate for a set number of Psychological, Speech and Occupational Therapy services. Families may be eligible to claim a greater rebate if their Medicare Safety Net threshold has been reached.
Under the Helping Children with Autism (Medicare) program, a child can be referred by a consultant paediatrician or psychiatrist for the following allied health services:
- up to four diagnostic/assessment services delivered by psychologists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, audiologists, optometrists, orthoptists or physiotherapists to assist the referring practitioner with diagnosis or to contribute to a child’s treatment and management plan (for a child under 13 years of age).
- up to twenty treatment services delivered by psychologists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, audiologists, optometrists, orthoptists or physiotherapists (for a child under 15 years of age, providing a treatment and management plan is in place before their 13th birthday).
For more information on medicare rebates please click on the below link
For more information on Psychology and Medicare please click on the following link: http://www.psychology.org.au/medicare/
Private Health Fund
If you have private health care insurance you may be eligible for a rebate. Please contact your private health care provider to find out more.
All appointments are paid at the time of the consultation. We accept Credit Cards, and Debit Cards.
We have Medicare facilities, so you swipe your card and the rebate is deposited into your account after the full fee is paid.
Cash is not kept on premises.
Regular appointments are available on a weekly, fortnighly or monthly basis depending on your needs and appointment availability.