Dr. Celia Bird
BPsych(Hons), DPsych (Clin), MAPS, MCCP
- Thursdays from 9am to 4:30pm.
- Saturdays on a fortnightly basis from 8:30am to 2pm.
- Doctorate of Clinical Psychology (DPsych), The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Psychology with 1st Class Honours, Griffith University
- Registration with the AHPRA Psychology Board of Australia
- Endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist with AHPRA Psychology Board of Australia
- Australian Psychological Society (APS) Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Practitioners List
- Full membership with the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Membership with the Australian Psychological Society College of Clinical Psychologists (MCCP)
Previous Work Experience:
- Minds and Hearts (ASD clinic)
- JumpStart Psychology (private practice)
- UQ Research Assistant
- Child and Youth Mental Health
- Children’s Developmental Service
- Adult Outpatient Mental Health
- UQ Psychology Clinic (Parenting, Child, Teen & Adult)
- Centacare Youth Worker.
Celia is a clinical psychologist who completed her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at the University of Queensland in 2012. She conducted her Doctoral research on an acceptance and commitment therapy-based stress management workshop for parents of children with an autism spectrum condition. Her university, thesis and work experience have been specifically focused on the areas of child development, developmental disabilities and, in particular, autism spectrum conditions. From 2013 until 2015, Celia worked at Minds and Hearts, a clinic for individuals of all ages with an autism spectrum condition. At Minds and Hearts, she had the privilege of receiving supervision from and working alongside Prof. Tony Attwood and Dr. Michelle Garnett.
Celia also has a broad range of experience working with adults, adolescents, children and families using a variety of evidence-based therapies. These evidence-based therapies include Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. She has co-facilitated numerous group programs for parents, teens and their children, with a focus on emotion management and friendship skills. Celia is an accredited Triple P and Stepping Stones provider, in group and individual formats.
Celia is particularly passionate about empowering parents so they can best support and understand their child. She has a special interest in working with families and the treatment of anxiety and mood disorders in child and adult populations. Celia has a strong commitment and drive to achieving positive outcomes for her clients. She employs a creative, collaborative and supportive approach to each session.
Celia Bird offers individual therapy sessions and ASD assessments at Brilliant Minds every Thursday and every 2nd Saturday.
By Appointment only.