- Doctor of Clinical Psychology (DPsych), University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Psychology (Class 1 Honours), Griffith University
- Registered as an Autism Spectrum Provider with Medicare
- Early Intervention (Fahscia Funding) Approvided Provider
- Jenni is a STAP (Supervisor Training & Approval Program) accredited supervisor. Jenni provides supervision to Clinical Registrars, Post-graduate students and 4+2 pathway.
- Certificate of Clinical Hypnosis 2018
- Registration with Psychology Board of Australia
- Endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist with Psychology Board of Australia
- Full Membership with Australia Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Jenni is on the Australian Psychological Society (APS) Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Practitioners List with Medicare.
- Director & Clinical Psychologist at Brilliant Minds Psychology. I opened Brilliant Minds Psychology in August 2014. My inspiration for the clinic's name was due to my interest in positive psychology especially helping people to flourish and working with individuals on the autism spectrum that inspired me with their brilliance to look at the world in different & unique ways.
- Past work experience: UQ Psychology Clinic (parent, child and adult clinics), Child Youth Mental Health, Yeronga, PAH Hospital (psychosis), Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Qld, & Minds and Hearts (ASD Clinic).
- Silva, J., Ownsworth, T., Fleming, J. & Shields, C. (2011). Enhanced appreciation of life following acquired brain injury: post-traumatic growth at six months post-discharge. Brain Impairment, 12, 93-104.
Sofronoff, Silva & Beaumont (2015). The Secret Agent Society Social-Emotional Skills Program for Children With a High-Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Parent-Directed Trial.. DOI: 10.1177/1088357615583467
She attained her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at the University of Queensland and is a full member of the Australian Psychological Society. Jenni is also an Accredited Autism Provider. Her doctorate dissertation focused on a parent training intervention that was designed to increase social and emotional skills; and to reduce anxiety and behavioural difficulties in children with a high functioning autism spectrum condition between 8 to 12 years of age. Since completing her Doctorate, Jenni has worked predominately with individuals with autism spectrum conditions but also with individuals with psychosis and MS. Jenni has worked at clinics that focus on autism including Minds and Hearts, and also held clinic management position at minds and hearts. She has been involved in running groups for young children with Aspergers at the University of Queensland and also administering cognitive assessments for children with ASD.
Jenni has worked as a psychologist across a variety of settings including university psychology clinics, child, youth and adult out-patient settings, autism spectrum conditions and disability, specifically in the area of Multiple Sclerosis.
Jenni has experience working with anxiety conditions (including OCD, Panic Disorders, Phobias, Separation Anxiety, Social Anxiety), depression disorders (including bipolar disorder in adults), mood difficulties and emotion regulation (depression, anger) and psychosis spectrum conditions. She has also taught undergraduate psychology students and lectured psychology students.
She has a special interest in OCD and early intervention for children and teens in order to help modify their developmental trajectories throughout the lifespan. She teaches children, teens and adults emotional regulation tools for anger, anxiety, stress &/or depressive symptoms.
Teaching children thinking tools and social skills are skills that can be applied during the child's development, parents are also taught these skills. Jenni also believes in empowering parents to help them develop a better understanding of their child's difficulties and providing parents with understanding and parenting strategies to help improve areas of difficulties.
Jenni is trained in the assessment, diagnosis and evidence-based treatments of psychological disorders across the lifespan. Jenni is guided by evidence based interventions including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Behaviour Therapy and mindfulness based interventions including Acceptance and Committment Therapy. Jenni is also influenced by attachment based theories in her psychological practice.
Jenni is an accredited Stepping Stones Triple P Provider and Accredited to deliver the Secret Agent Society Program and Circle of Security Provider. She also runs a number of Cool Kids Programs at the clinic delivered via an individual format with the child and parent.
Jenni offers Clinical Psychology services for clients at Brilliant Minds Psychology Tuesday to Friday. By Appointment Only.
Ongoing Professional Development - 2016 - Jenni has attended the following training in 2016
Jenni is dedicated to ongoing professional development, including obtaining her own external clinical supervision and attendance at professional development courses.
During 2016 Jenni has already attended the following workshop/courses: Early Start Denver Model - Autism & Dialectical Behaviour Therapy; Dialectial Behaviour Therapy (DBT)- 2 day course with Dr. Marsha Linehan, Motivational Interviewing with Dr. Stan Steidl, Advanced Clinical Skills for Treating Divorced and Stepfamilies with Dr. James Bray. Jenni completed training this year to become a Board Approved supervisor (STAP) in October and undertook an Expressive Arts Therapy & Trauma workshop with Dr. Cathy Malchiodi in November. Ongoing professional supervision.
During 2017 Jenni attended the following: 1. Circle of Security - 4 day training, 2. ACT ADOLESCENT COURSE WITH RUSS HARRIS, 3.Thriving at Work A WORK READINESS PROGRAMME FOR PEOPLE WITH ASPERGER’S SYNDROME (Prof. Tony Attwood and Dr. Michelle Garnett). Ongoing professional supervision.